Need to disable sensor (Paradox Spectra 175x-RF)

Hi all,

I am a DIY'er needing information on the Paradox Spectra 175x-RF
alarm.

I need to disable a sensor (I have a magnetic sensor on one door that
is constantly false alarming and I just want to get rid of it as the
area is adequately covered by other sensors).

The local alarm guys want an "arm and a leg" to play with these
things so I would like to have a go at it myself.

I have the panel off and can see six cables coming in and I guess there
is one for each sensor.

Can I just pull the wires out of the control board for each one until I
find the door sensor by elimination?

Do I need to do any "programming" or is it just a matter of pulling
the correct wires?

There is only one "zone" and the alarm is not connected to a
monitoring company at the moment.

Regards
Stuart,
Auckland, New Zealand

(Please reply to the group as the email address used to log on to
Google Groups is not a valid account at present).