Re: Need to disable sensor (Paradox Spectra 175x-RF)

Cookie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a DIY'er needing information on the Paradox Spectra 175x-RF
> alarm.
>
> I need to disable a sensor (I have a magnetic sensor on one door that
> is constantly false alarming and I just want to get rid of it as the
> area is adequately covered by other sensors).
>
> The local alarm guys want an "arm and a leg" to play with these
> things so I would like to have a go at it myself.
>
> I have the panel off and can see six cables coming in and I guess there
> is one for each sensor.
>
> Can I just pull the wires out of the control board for each one until I
> find the door sensor by elimination?
>
> Do I need to do any "programming" or is it just a matter of pulling
> the correct wires?
>
> There is only one "zone" and the alarm is not connected to a
> monitoring company at the moment.

That's pretty easy to do.  Remove the sensor from the wall and tape a
magnet to the cover adjacent to the switch.  Then, place the sensor on
the shelf in the closet where the alarm's located.  You will have to
eventually change the battery.  If the false alarms disappear then you
know for sure it's an alignment problem between the switch and the
magnet on the protected door/window.  OTOH if you don't *need* the
sensor, putting it in the closet as I've instructed will accomplish the
same thing as unenrolling it from the control.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com