Re: Need to disable sensor (Paradox Spectra 175x-RF)

I have two service rates one for monitored clients, one for locals...the
local rate is MUCH higher. However, I frequently make generous allowances
for folks on fixed income, disabled clients, retired and current service
persons (cops, fire, etc).

I try not to give anything away though! I figure if I make a little here..a
little there it adds up :-)...but losing a little here and a little there
does NOT - actually it does add up but its RED.

"Doug L" <vssdoug@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
| By that logic they should expect the cable company to repair their TV when
| it conks out or the phone company to fix the phone, but they don't, I
think
| the reason they expect so much from an alarm company is because as an
| industry we are  too willing to give away our services in pursuit of
| recurring revenue. Someone only has to think about changing services and
| half the industry is ready to give away hundreds of dollars in time and
| materials that may take several years to recoup from the recurring revenue
| in order to keep the customer, the other half is ready to do the same in
| order to take the customer away, it doesn't make any sense to me, that
said
| I'm not immune from occasionally  falling into that trap.
|
| Doug L
|

| "Allan Waghalter" <awaghalter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > It's easy to see why they think they are entitled to free service.  They
| > pay a monthly monitoring fee and feel it is your responsibility to keep
| > the equipment operating to earn your monitoring fee.  I do charge for my
| > service and my rates are reasonable.  If I think the customer can't
afford
| > the service or is upset with the charge, I absorb it for the good will.
| > Allan
| >
| > "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

| >>> > Thanks again. I feel stupid that in the end it was so easy.  :-|