Re: Need to disable sensor (Paradox Spectra 175x-RF)

Frank Olson wrote:
> Cookie wrote:
> > Thanks Frank!
> >
> > Yes I think it is an alignment issue.
> >
> > I had a sudden rush of blood to the head just now and pulled the sensor
> > out of the door frame, cut the sensor off, and twisted the cable wires
> > together.  This has made the alarm think that the door is always
> > closed.
> >
> > I checked the alarm and it still works.  No sparks or burning smells so
> > that is great.
> >
> > Thanks again. I feel stupid that in the end it was so easy.  :-|
> >
> > Regards
> > Stuart
> >

> Not a problem.  We all experience "tunnel vision" every now and then.
>
> If this does happen to clear your problem, you might want to have
> another look at the alignment between the switch and the magnet.
> Sometimes doors can warp.  I had one customer that called years ago to
> complain that his door contact no longer worked.  It turns out that he
> had *replaced* the door and the contractor forgot to install the magnet
> from the old one.  What's really amazing is that he waited three months
> to call us.  He didn't want to incur the service charge either but
> decided (finally) that he should have the system fully functional for
> when he went on vacation.  :-)

Can't ever seem to figure out why people feel that what an alarm
company gets for a service call is lots of money but when the
refrigerator or washing machine breaks down, they don't mind laying out
a couple of hundred to get it working again. And some of the appliance
repairmen get an up front fee even if they just show up and you decide
you don't want it fixed.

Just doesn't compute.