Re: Salesman Compensation

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Or in a lot of cases, customers simply forget how to use it. Most customers
> cant even seem to remember the make of panel they have let alone the model,
> and even further, all the wiz  bang features built in. I swear you could
> train some customers daily and they would still forget even the simplest of
> procedures.
>
> I'm coming to believe there are some customers who should never have an
> alarm system (not many, but some.....)
>
> RHC

And I wonder if these surveys are really from the "end users" mouth or
from the installers.  I don't think most end users even know what they
want in an alarm system other than turn it on, turn it off.  Some don't
even understand when they forget to bypass the motion detectors when
they're home or  open a window in the middle of the night ..... and it
trips the alarm  ...... how come the system doesn't know it's them?

Some want to know how to bypass a zone but other than that, they
usually don't even know WHAT to ask for and what NOT to ask for. It's
always seems, even after they've seen another alarm company that I"M
the one who offers them the options and what is termed "bells and
whistles". I never spend less than two hours doing a sales presentation
and most of that is presenting them with scenarios so they can
understand why they would want to have a certain option.

Of course this lets me understand how/why some of the other companys,
DON'T go through the effort of explaining. This way, they can get in
and out and don't have to spend another hour or more explaining how to
operate the system .... after it's installed ...... which the end user
doesn't remember anyway.

But .....that's ok ..... I get most of the jobs I quote ..... so it's
worth it.