Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> As usual, you can be way off the mark. If you think even a bit before you
> write, you'd know that this example is a perfectly legitimate use for the
> lock feature and your sarcasm is misplaced. I operate no differently than
> the few others who unlock boards. They are usually sent to me in bulk by an
> alarm company or monitoring station who I have to assume are doing things
> honestly and by the book. If they are defrauding the previous company, I nor
> the others who do this would have no way of knowing.
>
> However, the ones I unlock for myself, or for other small, local dealers are
> done after the previous company bailed out of the business, or who simply
> refuse to assist another company in the business and wish to be vindictive
> since they are not getting the monitoring business. Sometimes it seems these
> boards are just locked because they can do it, with no thought or care about
> any consequences to the end user.These I have control over and I can say in
> all cases, are legitimate situations where unlocking is simply saving the
> customer / company money. As far as local companies go, locking boards seems
> to be more in the domain of the small companies; I have yet to come up
> against larger companies who routinely lock boards. ADT at least locally,
> never does it !
>
> If you wish to be critical of me, at least stick to something you know
> something about ! Don't let your dislike of my business practices sour your
> posts, or you simply prove to everyone that you are what you often appear to
> be.

Uhhh Excuse me but didn't you just say in another thread:

"Frankly, I didn't bother to read the rest of your diatribe. I've heard
it
before ad nauseum !  And the constant insults just add to the fact that
you
are really not worth responding to. It's a free newsgroup ! Say what
you
wish; however, your conduct here speaks highly of the worth of your
input.
And I care so little about what you think that frankly, responding to
your
comments is just not worth the time it takes... "

Seems you actually don't remember what you say ...... or if you do
........ stick to it. Or is it simply that you only respond to the
things you can pick and choose because you have no defense for your
constant offending of other alarm dealers?

And what exactly is it I don't know about? That you don't have a clue
if you're
unlocking a board for someone who cheated their alarm company out of
money due? That you couldn't possibly investigate the source of every
panel sent to you, to see if you were being lied to about the reason it
needs to be unlocked?

And if you constantly propose that the locking code be given to the end
user once they've purchased the equipment, how could  this be an
accurate statment "in this example" ?

>"If you think even a bit before you
> write, you'd know that this example is a perfectly legitimate use for the
> lock feature and your sarcasm is misplaced."

And what about the insults that you heap upon ligitimate dealers who
are simply trying to build equity in thier buiness when you tell end
users that any contract longer than one month is a rip off by their
alarm company?

Jeeeeze Bob,  is that a pointy tooth I see there?   Hmmmm, must be your
wool is slipping.