Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

As usual, you can be way off the mark. If you think even a bit before you
write, you'd know that this example is a perfectly legitimate use for the
lock feature and your sarcasm is misplaced. I operate no differently than
the few others who unlock boards. They are usually sent to me in bulk by an
alarm company or monitoring station who I have to assume are doing things
honestly and by the book. If they are defrauding the previous company, I nor
the others who do this would have no way of knowing.

However, the ones I unlock for myself, or for other small, local dealers are
done after the previous company bailed out of the business, or who simply
refuse to assist another company in the business and wish to be vindictive
since they are not getting the monitoring business. Sometimes it seems these
boards are just locked because they can do it, with no thought or care about
any consequences to the end user.These I have control over and I can say in
all cases, are legitimate situations where unlocking is simply saving the
customer / company money. As far as local companies go, locking boards seems
to be more in the domain of the small companies; I have yet to come up
against larger companies who routinely lock boards. ADT at least locally,
never does it !

If you wish to be critical of me, at least stick to something you know
something about ! Don't let your dislike of my business practices sour your
posts, or you simply prove to everyone that you are what you often appear to
be.

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html