Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

"Leor Amikam" <amikaml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm going to ditch ADT this month.  What are they going to do when I call
> and cancel my contract?

Read your agreement. Follow the cancellation conditions of your agreement or
the agreement could renew.

> I've had the system for 8 years.  Is an ADT service tech going to show up
at
> my door the next day, and ask to come remove my equipment?  What if I
refuse
> to let them in the house?  Will they sue me?

 They can go after the remainder of a contract including renewal periods. It
amazes me when people who call say they aren't under a contract. 99% of the
time they are under a contract. They may have reason to cancel but they are
usually under a contract. They can lien your house.The company may have
already done so when they installed the system. I believe (don't quote me)
it is a U2T6 filing that is actually on the equipment but will show in a
title search on your home. It is not uncommon with leased equipment. It can
get ugly and it isn't worth it. Let them have their stuff if they even show
up to get it.