Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

> They can lien your house...

On a renewal clause for alarm monitoring?  I don't know about other
states but in Connecticut where I worked for over 20 years they can't
do that and in Florida where you and I both work they cannot do so
either.

>  It amazes me when people who call say they aren't under a contract. 99% of the
time they are under a contract.

It works both ways.  Very often when people call certain alarm
companies to tell them they don't want monitoring they are told that
the equipment is leased (even when it is not) and that they are under a
multi-year contract (even when they are not).  The game is to
intimidate the customer into staying with the monitoring even if they
don't want or need the service.

Not all or even most alarm companies do this sort of thing but enough
of them do that customers should insist on seeing the contract when
told they can't quit the service.  This is especially true if you've
just bought / rented a new home or apartment.  If the alarm company
tells you that you are obligated to pay a monthly fee but you didn't
sign a contract with them, they're most likely lying.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com