Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

It depends on the weather on that particular day.  There's no logic to how
they make that decision.  Recently I overhauled the burglar and fire alarm
systems that were in a day care center that had been closed for 8 years.  An
ADT saleperson came by every week to annoy her while she was trying to get
the place ready to open and he informed here it was their systems and they
would come pick up the equipment... an old brown Nexus panel made by Moose
products - actually one heck of a good panel with a fantastic siren driver
built in - if she didn't sign a new contract with them.    I took the panel
off the wall and left it sitting there on the floor and sure enough a week
later they came and got it.  Down at their office there are a couple hundred
of those panels piled up in the parking lot waiting to be hauled off so you
know it was real important to make a trip 45 miles to get another one.