Re: Commercial Alarm - help

On 3 Nov 2005 20:38:30 -0800, "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>You give your big company persective too much credit. Even though you
>think not, it's hard to see the little people from an ivory tower. Just
>remember,  "companies like yours" are a liken to a flea on the ass of
>an elephant when compared to the entire rest of the industry.
>Individual small companies may come and  may go, but as an entity, they
>will abide. A big company is either here ..... or it's gone. And I'd
>have to say, if management there is using your logic to run the
>business ......... whew!

I'm done with this except to say that 99% of police dispatches
initated by electronic security systems do not result in a report
indicating a crime has been committed.  These are the numbers being
used to rationalize non-response.  They're not my numbers.

Our problem is that there is a growing perception among lawmakers that
police departments are wasting resources on responding to burglar
alarms.  If your company and my company are too survive, we must
change either what we sell or the industry must do somehting about the
false alarm problem.  That is my point.  The rest is irrelevant.

Btw, my big company has been around for 131 years, and I am
"management there."  Neither one of us is going anywhere anytime soon.