Re: Commercial Alarm - help

On 2 Nov 2005 10:10:04 -0800, "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I don't know what you're trying to "sell" here but if you truly believe
>that all alarm systems fail, you're either a politician or daft. Do you
>really believe that all alarm systems fail? I don't mean to say that
>they "never" fail, but all of them fail, all the time? I can say the
>same thing about automobile accidents. 99% of people have fatal
>accident. Because, certainly we don't want to consider all the people
>who DON'T have fatal accidents or those who don't have any.

Do a google search for "99% false alarm" and you'll see reports from
police departments all across the country showing false alarm rates at
or above 99%.

Granted, most of these are nuisance alarms caused by end users
triggering the system accidently.  The equipment is blame in far fewer
cases.  However, the end result is the same.

The car wreck analogy is a bad one.