Re: Commercial Alarm - help

J. Sloud said:

>Do a google search for "99% false alarm" and you'll see reports from
>police departments all across the country showing false alarm rates at
>or above 99%.

Stop and think how that percentage is calculated.  It compares the number
of false alarms to the number of burglaries, something no alarm company can
control.  The false alarm percentage will always be 100% until somebody
decides to commit a crime.  The fewer burglaries there are, the higher the
false alarm percentage will be.  That's true whether you have 100 false
alarms or 10,000.

Judging alarm companies by false alarm percentages is like judging cops by
how many crimes are committed in their area.  Last time I checked, the cops
still haven't figured out how to prevent people from committing crimes.