Re: Commercial Alarm - help

"Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:47ac79dad401c802f99d9a06557ba7c1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> J. Sloud said:
>
> >Do a google search for "99% false alarm" and you'll see reports from
> >police departments all across the country showing false alarm rates at
> >or above 99%.
>
> Stop and think how that percentage is calculated.
<SNIP>

Here's how simple the calculation is: The Police are notified to respond to
a burglar alarm going off at xyz residence. Police arrive, find no sign of a
break-in at the premise. This is logged as a "False Alarm". This information
is collected all Year long. At the end of the year, they compare the actual
calls for response, with ACTUAL crimes. Response vs. Crime.

100% Response
99% False Alarm
1% Valid Crime

If I'm wrong, show me a report from a responding authority having
jurisdiction that states otherwise. "SHOW ME"