Re: Commercial Alarm - help

"Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:apidnRqiiqfJi_feRVn-qw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > J. Sloud said:
> >
> > >Do a google search for "99% false alarm" and you'll see reports from
> > >police departments all across the country showing false alarm rates at
> > >or above 99%.
> >
> > Stop and think how that percentage is calculated.
> <SNIP>
>
> Here's how simple the calculation is: The Police are notified to respond
> a burglar alarm going off at xyz residence. Police arrive, find no sign of
> break-in at the premise. This is logged as a "False Alarm". This
information
> is collected all Year long. At the end of the year, they compare the
actual
> calls for response, with ACTUAL crimes. Response vs. Crime.
>
> 100% Response
> 99% False Alarm
> 1% Valid Crime
>
> If I'm wrong, show me a report from a responding authority having
> jurisdiction that states otherwise. "SHOW ME"

Show me how they accruately do this by not showing up for 1-2 hours, don't
get out of their car, mail a false alarm citation to a customer that lives
in a gated community and the guard has no record of an officer coming
through, not going into a back yard if the gate is locked but yet there is
total water access in the back of the house, writting up a false alarm when
the window pane of glass was actually removed and sitting next to the pool
heater, when a slider was busted out and the whole house was trashed, but
yet reported as a false alarm, a police officer client from another city was
called, as an emergency call out, to his home. He left work and beat the
responding agency to find his house burglarized. How about the girl that had
her face slashed from the eyebrow, down her cheek and neck and onto her
breast. Quess how long it took for the PD to show up to her emergency
button, even though it was after the fact. Not until her neighbor dialed 911
when she came out of the apartment. Want me to go on? I have a ton of them.
The bottom line is the PD's have used the FA hype to put themselves to
sleep. If their superiors had policy to respond, they would respond. It is
not about FA's, it hasn't been that way for 130 years. It has only been
since the bean counters that run the cities have started to do the leaner
and meaner thing which has become a why of life in today's society. If
departments can have accident investigation officers and community patrol
cars, and funeral escort, they can have an alarm response division. If they
had this, then and only then can they put a realistic budget out as to the
real cost and not until than. Right now, all they have is made up BS
numbers. I have listened, first hand, to it all. They, just like the two
officers in Orlando that were gunned down because of their lacksidazical
(sp) attitude about response, will get a rude awakening. Hopefully not.