Re: Commercial Alarm - help

news:1131314337.419316.130040@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Jackcsg wrote:
> > We wouldn't need them. Money would go to things like schools, feeding
> > children, social support services, community services, recreation, etc,
> > etc...
> > Right know we're paying them to drive in circles...
> > We should have Waste Management respond to alarms while they're picking
up
> > trash. ;-)
>

> I betcha if the cops were given a choice of responding to false alarms
> or being laid off, they'd have a different perspective. All they're
> hoping for is less to do. Take a look as some of the cities/towns
> who've instituted no response. Have they laid off ALLLLLL of the police
> that were SOOOOOO busy responding to false alarms?  If not, I'm sure
> they should have a lot of statistics about how the crime rate has gone
> down. Oppps! don't have that either huh! It not about false alarms,
> it's all political garbage. Feel good laws that do nothing to actually
> make things better. There's no way the industry should buy into their
> 99% rate of false alarms boondoggle. Educate them, sue them, wake them
> up somehow. But if you let them take you down that road to politician
> land, there's no way to get out. Their premise is wrong. It's the
> industrys job to correct it and educate them. ( now ..... whether they
> WILL or not, or CAN ,or not, is another story) But so far, I think it
> is working in more areas than it's not. It's working here, anyway.

You're right about the Political side of things, and that's pretty much
where we are today.
Depends on the area, but the statement you made about police is probably
dead on.
I don't think anybody's wish is for unemployment.
I do think a lot of people understand the word "efficient". (Except the
Politicians)

> Hmmmm ...... Now on the other hand, how long is it going to be before
> the people who break into homes and businesses start to get bolder and
> utimately prove that even response to false alarms is a deterrent. If
> intruders know that there's any chance that the police will respond,
> they're a little bit more reluctant and don't stay around as long. Not
> much, but better than knowing that they're NEVER going to respond.

I think you're right there too Jim. It's only a matter of time, on it's
present course.

> It's just like what's been happening in England the last 5 or 6 years.
> They've confiscated all the privately owned firearms. Have created laws
> that don't allow home owners to harm intruders under the threat of
> imprisonment and being allowed to be sued by the intruders. In the last
> few years, violent crime in England has exceeded every record . ie. No
> deterrent, more crime.

We're turning into the England we all wanted to break away from.
We started off on the right foot, but the end result is the product of
"Capitalism".
And greed goes hand in hand with that word...