Re: Commercial Alarm - help

Jackcsg wrote:
> "Nomen Nescio" <nobody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > J. Sloud said:
> >
> > >Do a google search for "99% false alarm" and you'll see reports from
> > >police departments all across the country showing false alarm rates at
> > >or above 99%.
> >
> > Stop and think how that percentage is calculated.
> <SNIP>
>
> Here's how simple the calculation is: The Police are notified to respond to
> a burglar alarm going off at xyz residence. Police arrive, find no sign of a
> break-in at the premise. This is logged as a "False Alarm". This information
> is collected all Year long. At the end of the year, they compare the actual
> calls for response, with ACTUAL crimes. Response vs. Crime.
>
> 100% Response
> 99% False Alarm
> 1% Valid Crime
>
> If I'm wrong, show me a report from a responding authority having
> jurisdiction that states otherwise. "SHOW ME"

Just because it's published by a bureaucrat doesn't make it correct. In
fact, the very opposite is true. You know that any time a politician
says something is right or wrong, it's only being said to further their
own agenda and has actually nothing to do with "real" right and wrong.
If you're saying that the 99% figure is what they use and are basing
their decisions on, I couldn't deny it. As to it's accuracy, it's
wrong. All it takes is education and in my area, we've taken a
proactive stance and have brought in the experts to teach them how to
calculate and compare alarm signals in the real world, so that they can
see the results of 2 call verification, fines, and all the statistics
from proven studies and programs in other areas. So far they've
listened. And no response, is off the table, so far. You're right,
something's got to be done, but calling all alarms systems useless or
implying it, or perpetuating it,  with that 99% false alarm myth, isn't
true. Even the police agree (in this area anyway) Like the man said,
when the police figure out how to reduce crime 100%, that's when the
alarm industry will reduce false alarms 100%