Re: Commercial Alarm - help

> I DO agree that it would go a long way in commercial. But then
> it occurs to me that I don't remember where the source of most false
> alarms occurs.

Subscribers cause the great majority of all false alarms.
And there's simply no way to stop morons from being morons.

1.  Somebody is on the premeises who doesn't know the code.
2.  Somebody is on the premises who doesn't know the correct password.
3.  Somebody failed to secure a door properly at closing.
4.  Somebody failed to secure a door at all.
5.  Somebody put something in the path of a motion sensor that moves.
6.  Somebody has turned off the power to the alarm system at closing time.
7.  Somebody is on the premises who doesn't have any idea there is an alarm
system:
     a.  pest control company
     b.  landlord
     c.  cleaning crew
     d.  vent hood cleaners
     e.  various other service providers
     f.   real estate people showing the property
     g.  somebody detailed to take care of pets or pool or lawn or otherwise
etc.
8.  Somebody who simply doesn't know how to operate the alarm system.
9.  The building is vacant and/or law enforcement went to the wrong address.

These are the primary causes of no merit alarms.  None is actually a 'false'
alarm - they are all valid alarms proving that the systems are working
exactly the way they were intended and are functioning correctly..

After you eliminate these causes then you have bad weather conditions that
cause alarms due to windows and doors moving or other parts of the building
moving, power going off and on, phone lines going up and down, etc.  These
are also not 'false' false alarms.

The above will account for 99.9/10% of all alarm calls.

There is very little, if anything, the security industry can do about this.
If each alarm location had enough cameras to properly display the premises
maybe many no merit dispatches could be avoided but those days are a long
way off if ever.

Then you have the problem of junk product and faulty installation but until
you eleiminate the subscriber caused no merit alarms you are just wasting
your time trying to fix the problem.