Re: Commercial Alarm - help

Soap box mode switched to ON...

Keep this in mind... The source quoting the 99% false alarm rate, is the
same source that doesn't always get his/her butt out of the car to
investigate the cause of the alarm... All that's done is a "Drive by"
investigation at about 20 mph... I have been told the "Drive by" response
happens frequently in my local area... Of course, we'll never know how
often, because the PD doesn't keep a record on incomplete alarm
investigations... 99% False, Hmmm, my BS detector is going off, it's telling
me someone wants more money for the general fund... :-))

Does anyone is this group ever listen to Police radio traffic?

I do, and believe me when I say "Burglar alarms are a LOW LOW LOW
PRIORITY"... Response time is anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours... On a
busy Friday night, your customer's alarm will probably be cleared out of the
dispatch system without being assigned to a patrol unit.

I'm honest with my (I'm in a large metro area) customers, I tell them the
best response is provided by a Private Patrol Service (A.K.A. Guard
Service)... It ain't free, but at least the Guard will get out of the car
and check the premises...

Soap box mode switched to OFF.......... :-))