Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

>> He can still move the keypad and Brinks
>> won't give a hoot as long as he doesn't
>> break it.
>
> ummm.....yes they will!!!

If he follows my instructions and doesn't break it they won't even know he
worked on it, much less care.

>> Wrong!  They have a standard provision
>> for buy-out after the initial term expires.
>
> YOU are wrong....brinks DOES sell the
> systems, but it's something that not too
> many people know about....it's   not
> STANDARD!!!!

Poor choice of words.  It is a standard Brinks policy to charge a set fee
for buy-out *if* the customer requests it.  The way I phrased it one could
get the unintended impression that it is standard procedure to sell the
system to all clients.  You are correct that it is not common because most
folks don't even ask about a buyout.  But it is standard procedure to do so
if the client requests it after fulfilling the initial contract.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics