Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

news:8rqdnbdES9uyfuPfRVn-ig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Robert's the wrong person...
>
> Note that Frank is a long-time enemy of mine who will argue with anything
> I say just for the sake of arguing.  He also has never met me and has no
> idea what experience I have.  FYI, I've been in the trade for 28 years --
> longer than Frank has been out of diapers.

Ok, Robert...  Let's imagine for one moment that you've been "right" all
along (I know this is hard for you to even think about, but try) and that
the OP has a smoke detector tied into his home alarm system.  The fact that
there is a smoke detector present and the Brinks system is listed as "UL
Residentlial Burg/Fire", by your definition this individual now has a
*listed* fire alarm system.  You are therefore counselling an uncertified,
untrained and unlicensed (like you) person to:

a/ power down his system (you still  haven't given him the correct sequence
for doing this);
b/ remove the UL listed keypad from it's present location;
c/ run (what gauge wire did you say he has to use) the wire to the new
location (about six feet away);
d/ secure the keypad to the wall and reconnect the wires;
e/ power up the system (for which you *still* haven't given the correct
sequence).

Did I get all this right??

Note to the "Group".  Robert doesn't really know much about NEC or NFPA,
Brinks home alarm systems, home security panels that "magically transform"
into listed fire alarm panels or the highly trained individuals Brinks
employ at their central monitoring facility (in fact I believe he refers to
them as "clerks" and to all installers as "primates").

Note to the "Tocapet".  The system in your home is probably *not* something
you own.  Brinks rarely sells their panels or transfers "ownership" of their
equipment.  You are messing with a proprietory system and if you do manage
to accomplish all of the above on your own, then bully for you!  If you
screw up though, I don't think Brinks is going to give you "the good
customer of the month" award...  and you may just wind up paying out a whole
lot more than the "100 bucks" it's going to cost you to have *them* move the
keypad.

Good luck!!