Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

"Tocapet" <tocapet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:PTAfe.46569$QR1.26633@xxxxxxxxxxx
> What if I:
>
> 1.  Disconnect the phone line to the system
> 2.  Power down the system by disconnecting the battery and the transformer
> 3.  Move the keypad
> 4.  Reconnect the battery and then the transformer
> 5.  Reconnect the phone line.
> Reason:  If I call them to put the system on "test", what excuse can I
> give them for doing so??  I will have to make up a good story.  Think they
> will believe me?

You could do all that but...

1. The operator who takes the call and places the system on test for you is
a low paid clerk who couldn't care less *why* you're putting it on test.
2. Even if they knew you had moved the keypad Brinks wouldn't do anything
about it.
3. There's a lot behind some of the "warnings" you get from folks here that
has nothing to do with reality.

In short, don't sweat it.  Just call to put it on test, move the keypad and
then test the system before you call back to end the test period.  Nothing
bad will happen.  The sky won't cave in and Brinks won't send out a team of
misfits (they're busy posting in Usenet) or anything else.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics