Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

> Ok, Robert...  Let's imagine for one moment...

Seems as though you've been doing that for years.

> You are therefore counselling an uncertified, untrained and unlicensed
> (like you) person...

Uh, yes Frank.  I routinely give advice to DIYers.

> Note to the "Tocapet".  The system in your
> home is probably *not* something you own...

He can still move the keypad and Brinks won't give a hoot as long as he
doesn't break it.

> Brinks rarely sells their panels...

Wrong!  They have a standard provision for buy-out after the initial term
expires.

> You are messing with a proprietory system...

And?

> and if you do manage to accomplish all of
> the above on your own, then bully for you!

Frank thinks this is a complex chore.  :^)

> If you screw up though, I don't think Brinks
> is going to give you "the good customer of
> the month" award...

If the gentleman follows the simple instruction I gave him he won't harm the
system.  This isn't rocket science.  Heck, even Jiminex can do it so it
should be a snap for someone who can actually think.  :^)