Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> I get this almost every day. I tell them I'll be glad to come out, if
it's a problem i created (somehow) the call is free, if not then have
your checkbook handy because I will want to be paid COD. If I can fix
it for ya over dl...no charge. When they want to put their "tech" on
the phone, I tell them I'm not interested in talking to someone who
obviously cannot handle the job and it would be a waste of MY time to
do so, plus I don't need anyone's attitude. If they have an attitude my
service rate goes up by the second :-)

> I figure if I have to "walk" a technician through anything
.=2E.especially on a job I'm not getting back ... then my time is worth
double. Plus, and more importantly...what KIND of freekin' tech will
agree to call the original alarm co for HELP? If any of my guys EVER
did that I'd fire them on the spot...if we're doing a job...WE'RE doing
the job. Pisses me off when companies do that. No pride man.

I think I hear what you're saying.

I've had some of my clients move into a home with an alarm system and I
haven't had any problem whatsoever in calling the old alarm company and
asking if they would give me the installer code or download default the
panel. Some do ........... some don't. If they co-operate ........
thank you very much. If they don't, screw them. I just change out the
board. No big deal. Sometimes, if it's a panel I'm not familiar with,
or want to get involved with, I'll change it over to a Napco system at
no charge, anyway ...... that is, if I'm getting money for doing other
work on the system. Otherwise, if it's just a takeover,  I tell them
they'll have to pay for the new equipment because it's locked out. And
they do.