Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

I get this almost every day. I tell them I'll be glad to come out, if =
it's a problem i created (somehow) the call is free, if not then have =
your checkbook handy because I will want to be paid COD. If I can fix it =
for ya over dl...no charge. When they want to put their "tech" on the =
phone, I tell them I'm not interested in talking to someone who =
obviously cannot handle the job and it would be a waste of MY time to do =
so, plus I don't need anyone's attitude. If they have an attitude my =
service rate goes up by the second :-)

I figure if I have to "walk" a technician through anything ...especially =
on a job I'm not getting back ... then my time is worth double. Plus, =
and more importantly...what KIND of freekin' tech will agree to call the =
original alarm co for HELP? If any of my guys EVER did that I'd fire =
them on the spot...if we're doing a job...WE'RE doing the job. Pisses me =
off when companies do that. No pride man.

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> Mark Leuck wrote:
> >
> > Then again the panel may not even be locked out and he's just doing =
it
> > wrong, when someone posts here about being locked out of a panel =
they
> > can pretty much say anything or at least leave out several details, =
> > tend to take the opposite opinion that you do RH on these things
>=20
> I agree. Twice this year I've had calls from people moving into homes =
where
> I installed the system, but wanting to bring their old alarmco with =
them.
> They say their installed told them the panels were "locked out", and =
would I
> furnish the installer code so they can take it over. The fact is that
> neither panel was locked. Either the installers didn't know how to =
default
> it, or they were too lazy to reprogram it. I offered to return the =
installer
> codes to default by d/l, but neither panel was connected to the phone =
line.
> Trying to explain all this to the new homeowner is like talking to a =
wall.
> One of the alarmcos called and gave me attitude; said their installer =
had
> been doing this for 12 years, and knew the panel was connected to the =
line,
> what was I trying to pull? I finally drove out to one house out of
> curiousity and found the phone line disconnected at the protector. =
Their
> "experienced installer" saw my RJ31X at the panel and just assumed the =
phone
> was connected. I tried to explain this to the homeowner, and got a =
bored
> look. I should have left, but I connected the line and explained that =
now
> even the other company's "expert" should be able to get the system on =
line.
>=20
> You're welcome.
>=20
> The other call came just the other day. My customer moved last year, =
and my
> attempts to contact the new homeowner were unsuccessful. Of course now =
the
> system is in trouble, so it's suddenly my emergency. The keypad is =
beeping,
> and their friend is there working on the system. He's "familiar with =
alarm
> systems", and "needs me to unlock the system so he can work on it". =
Again,