Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

>>> You are wrong once again.  A burg/fire panel
>>> which bears a UL fire listing is indeed a FACP.
>>
>> Gasp!  Really??  Does that mean that you're
>> going to have to *design* a fire alarm system
>> for any customers that have expressed an
>> interest in adding a smoke alarm to their order?
>
> Any time you select the components and specifty placement you are
> designing a fire alarm system.  Do you tell your residential clients that
> they need "six smoke detectors... somewhere in the house?"  :^)
>
>> Robert:  "Well, I'm sorry Mr. Smith, but I
>> can't sell you just one smoke alarm.  We're
>> going to have to install one on every level...
>
> Up until a few years ago that was pretty much the way code was enforced.
> If you installed any system smokes you had to install them in all required
> locations -- even on existing homes.  More recently there has been some
> flexibility but the requirement that all components be listed for the
> purpose remains intact.
>
>> a heat detector in the kitchen, another in
>> the furnace room, laundry room, garage....
>
> All kidding aside, heats were never mandated for residential apps.
>
>> --- snip ---
>
>>> I wrote the help file and helped design the
>>> app.  My partners wrote the app. When I
>>> finished my work the app as a whole,
>>> including the integral help system, was
>>> submitted to UL.  It passed on the first round.
>>
>> Where in the "app" does it say it's "UL Listed"??
>
> The UL listing info is printed on the documentation accompanying the
> software.  If you need additional information, feel free to contact
> Edwards. It is their product now.
>
> As I recall, when I said I was working on it several of the yahoos from
> ASA said I was lying.  Didn't you join in on that rant?

Nope.  I never did.  I tend to believe you over Mike any day.

> Just for kicks I munged the names of several newsgroup participants,
> including one of the more disingenuous posters here and included them in
> the help file images.  My name is also hidden in there, but you'd have to
> look for it since I don't recall which screen shot it's in.

Bass Home Electronics shows up in it too...

> Now that it's clear that I spoke the truth I don't see any of the IB
> munching crow.

Robert.  They never will.  Get over it already.  :-)

> All we got was Leuk faking indignation and you refusing to admit you're
> wrong about the software being UL listed.

It's not from what I can see.

> Where's the apology for falsely accusing?  It figures.

When I see the UL Listing, I'll request mushroom and basil gravy to go with
the crow.