Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

"A.J." <aj@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Did he memtion anything about connecting the relay to a FACP ?
>
> As per your original quote from the article,
>
> "suggests using a relay to connect 110VAC smokes to a monitored alarm
> system"

Robert's been involved in this type of debate for years.  It's no sense
arguing with him.  He'll never understand that a residential burg panel is
not a listed FACP.  I am however surprised that Al would suggest such a
thing.  In my experience 110VAC smoke alarm relays always "cycle" after a
power failure which could result in a false alarm if the unit was connected
to a monitored alarm.  This having been said, there is however, no standard
or code violation involved if a homeowner decides to connect his smoke alarm
system to his burg alarm system (even if the equipment is UL listed for
fire).