Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

> A "listed FACP" can be a residential security system, but not the other
> way around.

You are wrong once again.  A burg/fire panel which bears a UL fire listing
is indeed a FACP.

>> Separate subject -- I also quoted the part where a UL listing is required
>> for the software which my company wrote for Edwards.  You might recall
>> the discussion.
>
> Yes.  I see the reference in NFPA.  What I fail to see (and still don't)
> is any reference to it being UL listed in either the "help file" or the
> program...

I wrote the help file and helped design the app.  My partners wrote the app.
When I finished my work the app as a whole, including the integral help
system, was submitted to UL.  It passed on the first round.

The help system is as essential to the app as the installation manual is to
the panel itself.  Just as the installation manual is UL listed, so is the
downloading software which we wrote.

The UL listing was provided to Edwards by UL after we finished our work and
I do not have (nor do I need) a copy of the certificate.  If you want to see
the listing, order the software from Edwards or research it through UL.

> If you'd be so good as to point out where
> it *is* listed, I'd be much obliged and will
> promptly "shut-the-flock-up".

The UL listing information is included in the printed materials supplied
with the software.  I'm not sure but I thought Leuck said he has a copy.
It's questionable whether he is honest enough to confirm what I've said
though.