Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Frank, you're being too sensitive to things ! I didn't respond with any
> kind of authority of any kind. My sources in the industry tell me things
> which unless I have reason to doubt them (and in this case I don't...), I
> usually take them at face value until I find out otherwise. Nor does it
> really matter to me whether it is true or not; it's a damn stupid thing to
> do to hook up anything that has a known problem that could potentially
> cause a false alarm that costs the city $1500 every time they send out a
> fire truck (and no...I don't know that $ figure for sure either....just
> what I've been told)
>
> Lean back Frank....take a deep breath....life can be beautiful....:))))

Heh.  Life *is* beautiful.  I just don't believe everything I read in this
Newsgroup (or what I hear) unless it can be substantiated with a bona-fide
reference.  I'll check the Ontario Building Code and let you know.

If you read my responses in this thread (and in the others where Robert's
mentioned this issue), you'll find I don't advocate doing this either.  IMO,
a professional installer should recommend the best methods of protecting his
clients and not compromise for the sake of $40.00 or even $100.00.