Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

Mr. Bass wrote to Frank Olson:

"Where's the apology for falsely accusing?"

What false accusing Mr. Bass?.....You lied
from the start, got caught and now you have
egg on your face..........You were not falsely
accused.......

You lied again Mr. Bass.......
That nose of yours keep growing.

Norm Mugford

> >> You are wrong once again.  A burg/fire panel
> >> which bears a UL fire listing is indeed a FACP.
> >
> > Gasp!  Really??  Does that mean that you're
> > going to have to *design* a fire alarm system
> > for any customers that have expressed an
> > interest in adding a smoke alarm to their order?
>
> Any time you select the components and specifty placement you are
designing
> a fire alarm system.  Do you tell your residential clients that they need
> "six smoke detectors... somewhere in the house?"  :^)
>
> > Robert:  "Well, I'm sorry Mr. Smith, but I
> > can't sell you just one smoke alarm.  We're
> > going to have to install one on every level...
>
> Up until a few years ago that was pretty much the way code was enforced.
If
> you installed any system smokes you had to install them in all required
> locations -- even on existing homes.  More recently there has been some
> flexibility but the requirement that all components be listed for the
> purpose remains intact.
>
> > a heat detector in the kitchen, another in
> > the furnace room, laundry room, garage....
>
> All kidding aside, heats were never mandated for residential apps.
>
> > --- snip ---
>
> >> I wrote the help file and helped design the
> >> app.  My partners wrote the app. When I
> >> finished my work the app as a whole,
> >> including the integral help system, was
> >> submitted to UL.  It passed on the first round.
> >
> > Where in the "app" does it say it's "UL Listed"??
>
> The UL listing info is printed on the documentation accompanying the
> software.  If you need additional information, feel free to contact
Edwards.
> It is their product now.
>
> As I recall, when I said I was working on it several of the yahoos from
ASA