Re: ADI SpeakEasy (was Re: Suggestions wanted for Motion Detector delay/time-out)

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

<stuff snipped>

> I've got an Ocelot and a SECU-16 sitting in their boxes for about 6 months
> now. Haven't had time to install them yet.

I find the same problem.  Got a lot of stuff in boxes waiting for either the
time, the education or the last missing piece to put it all together.   I
realized this weekend that I really need audio to go with all the CCTV cams
I have installed.  I wished I had known that *before* I pulled the cable.

> But some of these installation examples are making my
> mouth water.

Yep.  Same here.  Between Bruce R.'s setup and what I've seen on the ADI
site I have a much better feeling for installing the new gear.

> :Lee, who is currently building his projector lift.

Sounds interesting.  What sort of lift technology are you using?  Working
from a kit?  DIY?   I need to build something similar for my folks so that
they can raise and lower the pet dishes without stooping.  I've been
thinking of ball bearing drawer slides and linear actuators since it's not a
very heavy load.  But it's way on the back burner for now.

--
Bobby G.