Re: ADI SpeakEasy (was Re: Suggestions wanted for Motion Detector delay/time-out)

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "John W" <Don't_Spam_Me@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hmmm...
>>
>> Can you even get to the ADI forum at
>> http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi  ??
>>
>> or from their Web Site at:  http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/index.htm
>> (select Customer Support) ??
>>
>> If yes, select "The Showcase Archive"
>

> http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=14&DaysPrune
> =1000&submit=Go
>
> Apparently does the trick, and for whatever reason shows the messages in
> 1,2,5,4,3 order.
>
>  John Warner's HA Installation #1  Dan Boone, ADI  4  September 08, 2004
> 05:52 PM
>     John Warner's HA Installation #2  Dan Boone, ADI  2  September 08,
> 2004
> 10:56 AM
>     John Warner's HA Installation #5  Dan Boone, ADI  0  September 07,
> 2004
> 09:40 PM
>     John Warner's HA Installation #4  Dan Boone, ADI  0  September 07,
> 2004
> 09:38 PM
>     John Warner's HA Installation #3  Dan Boone, ADI  0  September 07,
> 2004
> 09:37
>
> The solution, as E. Lee has found, is in the control that selects the
> "DaysPrune" parameter.
>
> You have to go back and forth to the master search list to find your whole
> thread.  Pressing Next takes me to Ed Reilly's home.
>
> [/gripe on] Gawd.  Did I mention how much I hate web fora?  There's so
> much
> extraneous information, little stars, happy smilies, bad defaults, hard to
> follow threads, hard to find threads, etc.  Oy!  Still, I'd rather have
> the
> information in a hard-to-claw out format than no format at all.  [/gripe
> off]

It's faily bizzarre how they've split the discussion of one person's
installation into multiple threads. Not SOP.

I do like newsgroups, though. The ability to embed binary's would aid in
discussion sometimes -- and the bit about linewrapping URLs is frustrating.
But there are ways around both of those.

I've got an Ocelot and a SECU-16 sitting in their boxes for about 6 months
now. Haven't had time to install them yet.  But some of these installation
examples are making my mouth water.

:Lee, who is currently building his projector lift.