Re: Suggestions wanted for Motion Detector delay/time-out

"John W" <Don't_Spam_Me@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> Our SpeakEasy now has 45 messages most of which are reminders of various
> things.

Somehow I thought the SpeakEasy only handled a single voice message.  I'll
have to revisit the specs.  Do you pipe the output through a home intercom
system?

> Just to give you and idea of how useful that is, here's the list of
> what she says (we call her Crystal since that's the AT&T voice I use):

Is that the online text-to-speech software?

> 000 - Intruder alert!  Intruder alert!

> 001 - Police have been notified!

Are you intergrated with an alarm panel?  Do these messages play forever
until an alarm system deactivation?

> 012 - All, off, request confirmed.

Is this a message that allows enough time to countermand ALL OFF?  It's a
problem with the MUTE button on the 8-in-1 remote where someone means to
press MUTE but the remote is in X-10 mode and it turns off all the lights!

> 014 - Guest flag, has now been set.

What operations are controlled by a guest flag?

> 026 - Pleasant dreams, my wonderful family.
>
> 027 - God bless you, Warner family, Bonsoir!
>
> 028 - Goodnight, thank you for being, so special!
>
> 029 - God bless this lovely family, goodnight!
>
> 030 - Day is done my happy family, goodnight!
>
> 031 - Bonsoir, Warner family, sweet dreams!

Do you rotate through the above messages?  Nice touch.

> 032 - Someone is in the family room.
>
> 033 - Someone is in the foyer.
>
> 034 - Someone is in the kitchen.
>
> 035 - Someone is in the living room.
>
> 036 - Someone is in the laundry room.

What are these messages for?  Do you take actions predicated on room
occupancy or are these just status queries?

> 040 - Reminder - Holiday flag, is, set.
>
> 041 - Reminder - tomorrow is recycling day.
>
> 042 - Reminder - please take out the garbage.

Good stuff.  I'll have to do the same.

> 043 - John - please remember to take your, pill.

This opens up another issue - compliance.  I would like to automatically
determine whether Dad's taken his regimen of pills at the right time.

> 045 - Reminder - It's fridge cleaning day.

Now if I could only get the Ocelot to clean it out, too!

--
Bobby G.