Re: Z-Wave RF range

> But it can require people to set up
> the mesh before it works. Not my preference, really.

Not necessarily.  Start with the controller and one device, installed within range.  Build out from there.

>> Coincidentally, I just spoke to my cousin this
>> afternoon.  He told me he's really PO'd at one
>> of his flying colleagues.  Apparently the guy
>> has twice recently left the front cowling snap
>> (Gruman Tiger) unsecured during flight and
>> this week he pushed the airplane into the
>> hangar with one of the doors 8 feet in.  He
>> bent the aeleron and now they need to check
>> for possible hidden damage.
>>
>> At least he didn't try to snap-roll a 737.  Heh,
>> heh, heh.  Imagine someone dumb enough to
>> tell such a lie.
>>

> We have some strange pilots here as well.

Oh, this guy is no pilot -- just a bullsh*tter extraordinaire.

> I really get miffed about the dare-devils that
> come at our house with a full load and hanging
> on the prop. Just to save 15sec or so. One
> minor cough in the engine and it'll be a fireball.
> They do the same over the eastern hill and that
> has cost one of them and his wife their lives.
> That's not the only fatal we've had :-(

A number of years ago while I was driving back to Sarasota from Orlando I noticed what appeared to be an ultra-light doing
aerobatics about a mile or so West of I-75.  The pilot would climb several thousand feet, execute a power on stall and enter a spin.
He recovered and repeated this several times.  Finally he entered one more spin and some trees blocked my view.  Not seeing him
climb back up I assumed he had gone straight and level and left the area.  The next day I heard on the news that an experimental had
gone down in the area with a fatality.

I don't think he was doing something foolish -- just risky.  Something went wrong.  We'll probably never know precisely what it was.
Sad.

Note: The guy I was talking about in a previous post doesn't pull anything but folks' legs.  He wouldn't know how to fly a 737 or
anything else in a million years.  You'll see him posting stuff here every so often.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics