Re: Z-Wave RF range

> Why not cite the actual numbers instead of misrepresenting them?

Dave?  Misrepresent z-wave info?  No!  Say it ain't so!  He's had it in for
damn near anything other than X-10 for ages.  Sad, really.

> The url cited indicates that z-wave goes up to 30-40 feet. Given typical
home
> and lot dimensions (and the undesirability of inadvertent house-to-house
> signaling) these distances seem to be purty near _optimum_. More range and
> power is not necessarily better. Greater distances are designed to be
achieved
> by repeaters.

Agreed.  I'd much rather have the RF coverage stay inside the general
footprint of my residence than have to deal with excessive interference
should my neighbors decide to automate as well.