Re: Z-Wave RF range

> OTOH such a weak RF link leads
> to inconsistent operation...

Have you tried Z-Wave?

> Out here the houses that were insulated
> "extra good" also have insulation inside
> some interior walls. This is aluminum
> backed as well...

I'm not surew where "out here" might be but I can assure you after working on construction sites for over 24 years that aluminum
foil backed insulation is uncommon and that any backing in interior walls is rare since it represents an unnecessary cost (something
builders are loathe to accept).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass