Re: Z-Wave RF range

Robert L Bass wrote:

>>>Actually, they do.  That is very prominent
>>>in all of the literature I've read  on Z-Wave.
>>>It isn't considered a weak point but a feature.
>>
>>A feature? Ahem, well, ok.
>

> That's not hype though.  The mesh network is indeed a feature.  It represents a major improvement over standard RF (non-repeating)
> technology.

But it can require people to set up the mesh before it works. Not my
preference, really.

[...]

> Coincidentally, I just spoke to my cousin this afternoon.  He told me he's really PO'd at one of his flying colleagues.  Apparently
> the guy has twice recently left the front cowling snap (Gruman Tiger) unsecured during flight and this week he pushed the airplane
> into the hangar with one of the doors 8 feet in.  He bent the aeleron and now they need to check for possible hidden damage.  At
> least he didn't try to snap-roll a 737.  Heh, heh, heh.  Imagine someone dumb enough to tell such a lie.

We have some strange pilots here as well. I really get miffed about the
dare-devils that come at our house with a full load and hanging on the
prop. Just to save 15sec or so. One minor cough in the engine and it'll
be a fireball. They do the same over the eastern hill and that has cost
one of them and his wife their lives. That's not the only fatal we've
had :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com