Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

Robert L Bass wrote:

> When Dave doesn't like someone he pontificates on things he knows nothing about.  He has a long history of doing that, to the
> detriment of this newsgroup.  You, OTOH, are on a vendetta and have been repeatedly told by numerous folks here to go away.

Oh wait...  Are you responding to *moi*, or to Dave, now??  If you're
going to write a response to someone, why not do it correctly?  Or is
your newsreader malfunctioning again??

>>>From what I've "seen" of it...
>

> Do tell us how many Z-Wave components you've installed.

Why do you think I put "seen" in parenthesies?  I've never installed any
Z-Wave device and don't want to.  It's like the thing with DSC.  When
they introduce a new panel I've learned to wait about a year for them to
work out the bugs.  I hate the fact that they use their dealers to field
test their panels.

> Oh, wait.  I almost forgot.  You're not an installer.

Prove it, asshole.  Where do I work?  What's the name of the company?

> You recently claimed
> to have worked with ELK's M1G system.

Yep.  I have one in my house.

> I happen to have a good relationship with ELK and know most of their staff.  Like the three
> major distributors in Burnaby BC (where you claim to be an installer) no one there ever heard of you.

Right, Bass.  Keep singing that song.  It bugs the ass off you that you
can't find out who I really am, or who I work for.  Are you including
the "small distributor" you say I work for in the "three major" ones in
Burnaby?  Well there's only "two major ones in Burnaby" (Burtek and
Tri-ed).  ADI happens to be in Vancouver.  If you're going to attempt to
maligne someone, it's good to get some of your "facts" straight.

>>>--- snip nonsense ---

What nonsense would that be?  That you're not only an installer wannabe,
you're an idiot as well?

>>>Much like you repeatedly and wrongly malign
>>>Dave...
>

> I've never said anything untrue about Dave Houston.

You lie about everyone else.  Why would you say anything truthful about
Dave?

> Unfortunately, he cannot say the same about me nor can you.

Really?  Prove it Bass.  What have I ever said about you that's the
least bit untruthful.

>>>and a lot of individuals in ASA...
>

> Ah, yes.  The infamous ASA crowd.  How many thousands of times have you and the rest of the ASA buffoons been asked to go away from
> this newsgroup.

I dunno.  It seems you want to drag me back into your little vendetta.
Let's go around again.

> I mentioned you only in passing.  The discussion was about the relative merits of Z-Wave which you have maligned.  It is important
> for the readers to understand when someone opines without experience (you've admitted in the past that you never even tested Z-Wave
> but you conveniently "forget" that tidbit now) and when someone posts with a bias, which is why I explained your Google-documented
> animosity toward another gentleman who sells it.

Interesting.  I seem to recall a similar discussion involving your
opinion of DSC.  You have no direct experience with their products
either (other than what people have told you second hand).  You call it
"junk" yet one of your websites extolls it's virtues.

> Does Mr Houston resort to personal insults when challenged?

You certainly do.

> Having never received a commission from a manufacturer in the nearly 30 years I've been in business, I wonder where this gentleman
> gets his "copious evidence" on me.  :^)

Probably from the same place you get your "copious evidence" on me.