Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:457ea1e8.767118718@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Frank Olson <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Robert L Bass wrote:
>>
>>> Not at all.  Houston bad mouths Z-Wave without ever having seen it, much less tested it.
>>
>>And why should he?

When Dave doesn't like someone he pontificates on things he knows nothing about.  He has a long history of doing that, to the
detriment of this newsgroup.  You, OTOH, are on a vendetta and have been repeatedly told by numerous folks here to go away.

>> From what I've "seen" of it...

Do tell us how many Z-Wave components you've installed.  Oh, wait.  I almost forgot.  You're not an installer.  You recently claimed
to have worked with ELK's M1G system.  I happen to have a good relationship with ELK and know most of their staff.  Like the three
major distributors in Burnaby BC (where you claim to be an installer) no one there ever heard of you.

>> --- snip nonsense ---

>>> He has repeatedly and wrongly maligned
>>> an excellent product, to the detriment of
>>> the newsgroup.
>>
>>Much like you repeatedly and wrongly malign
>> Dave...

I've never said anything untrue about Dave Houston.  Unfortunately, he cannot say the same about me nor can you.

>> and a lot of individuals in ASA...

Ah, yes.  The infamous ASA crowd.  How many thousands of times have you and the rest of the ASA buffoons been asked to go away from
this newsgroup.

> I believe this fishy fellow has also claimed
> that my only reason for panning Z-Wave
> is my dislike for another dealer who sells it
> and another time that my only reason for
> panning it was because of their high SDK
> fee (I guess he didn't understand my posts
> about how easy it would be to hack the
> protocol).

So easy to do, yet you repeatedly complained that the fee was too high for your budget.  Hmm.

> I wonder why he has to fish so desparately
> for my "ulterior motives" when as anyone
> who follows c.h.a. knows I always provide
> copious supporting evidence...

Yeah, right.  Dave also posted insults about the engineers at ELK, calling them incompetent because *he* couldn't understand the
instructions which they provided.  Never mind that even alarm installers, most of whom have no college eduction, successfully
install ELK products every day.  "Copious supporting evidence," in Dave's mind amounts to his claim that something is true.

> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=764&sid=299b8dfff939b538aacec19642211420

This is one fellow using a software product which may or may not be properly configured.  The post was made almost a year ago and
there was no concurring reply since then.

> In the interest of fairness, here are all the positive posts I could find...
>
> http://www.linuxha.com/FD/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=58fd8a9c036b9797da4dbba9fff62202

Fairness?  Sounds like a Fox newscast.  Dave selected a forum with no reports on Z-Wave, positive or negative, and misrepresented it
as a search for positives.  I guess he considers that copious.

> I wonder why he spends so much time carping
> about...

I mentioned you only in passing.  The discussion was about the relative merits of Z-Wave which you have maligned.  It is important
for the readers to understand when someone opines without experience (you've admitted in the past that you never even tested Z-Wave
but you conveniently "forget" that tidbit now) and when someone posts with a bias, which is why I explained your Google-documented
animosity toward another gentleman who sells it.

> Do you suppose he's never actually used it? Could it be he's
> incompetent when it comes to technical evaluations like this? Do fish really
> rot from the head?

Does Mr Houston resort to personal insults when challenged?

> Finally, I really have no idea what this piscatorial fellow sells or doesn't
> sell in his online store. Aquariums? Fishnet stockings? Whatever it is, his
> only criteria for carrying a product seems to be that the manufacturer will
> drop ship and pay him a commission for taking the order.

Having never received a commission from a manufacturer in the nearly 30 years I've been in business, I wonder where this gentleman
gets his "copious evidence" on me.  :^)