Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

Frank Olson <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>> Not at all.  Houston bad mouths Z-Wave without ever having seen it, much less tested it.
>
>And why should he?  From what I've "seen" of it, it's far less robust
>than all the "balleyhoo" that's been posted about it.  The fact is that
>there's been little in the way of additional products over a few wall
>switches.
>
>> His apparent reason is he mistakenly
>> believes that I sell it.
>
>It's always you, isn't it Robert?  You are one paranoid individual.
>
>> He has repeatedly and wrongly maligned an excellent product, to the detriment of the newsgroup.
>
>Much like you repeatedly and wrongly malign Dave and a lot of
>individuals in ASA whom you don't even know...

I believe this fishy fellow has also claimed that my only reason for panning
Z-Wave is my dislike for another dealer who sells it and another time that
my only reason for panning it was because of their high SDK fee (I guess he
didn't understand my posts about how easy it would be to hack the protocol).

I wonder why he has to fish so desparately for my "ulterior motives" when as
anyone who follows c.h.a. knows I always provide copious supporting evidence
when I post about something. There seem to be about as many negative reports
on Z-Wave as there are fish in the sea while any positive reports seem to
have trouble staying afloat. Here's more Z-Wave red tidings...

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=764&sid=299b8dfff939b538aacec19642211420

In the interest of fairness, here are all the positive posts I could find...

http://www.linuxha.com/FD/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=58fd8a9c036b9797da4dbba9fff62202

I wonder why he spends so much time carping about me instead of providing
evidence that Z-Wave is technically viable instead of just regurgitating
press releases. Do you suppose he's never actually used it? Could it be he's
incompetent when it comes to technical evaluations like this? Do fish really
rot from the head?

Finally, I really have no idea what this piscatorial fellow sells or doesn't
sell in his online store. Aquariums? Fishnet stockings? Whatever it is, his
only criteria for carrying a product seems to be that the manufacturer will
drop ship and pay him a commission for taking the order. He denigrates the
products of manufacturers who won't do that (e.g. ADI, Smarthome).

In personal dealings, I've yet to catch him in a truth.

Maybe he's one of the investors who are still waiting for a big payday some
4 years after Z-Wave was introduced. ;-)

http://davehouston.net