Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

Marc_F_Hult wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:16:57 -0500, "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote in message  <CbKdnWAfvr2a6OTYnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

> Four _more_ ? Have you ever calculated what all the X-10 expenditures have
> cost you over the years. And how much you would have earned had you spent the
> time tinkering with it on, say, a paper route or mowing lawns instead? Or
> better yet, pulling wire?

Pulling wire. Yeah, I've been thinking about that. The ads that suggest
x10 as a way to "add a light switch anywhere" are clearly nonsense. It
takes far, far less time and money to pull romex and install a switch
than it does to make x10 reliable.

But for true automation applications, what wire can be pulled? My
impression was that hardwired systems are all fantastically expensive
and available only to dealers/installers.