Re: XTB, reliablity, etc.

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:16:57 -0500, "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <CbKdnWAfvr2a6OTYnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>I'll agree it's not a perfect solution but 4 more XTB's arrived today
>(Thanks Jeff!) that I will be dispersing around the house to cover the few
>remaining blind spots.  The ones I have had in place for a number of months
>have behaved flawlessly so I thought I would invest in some more units and
>some Smarthome Controlinc Maxis.  The ability to easily and reliably access
>all 256 device codes from a single controller is great.  Now I'll have 8 of
>them spread throughout the house and that means a controller is never more
>than a few steps away.  Adding a few TM751's and CM11A's enhanced by the XTB
>pretty much brings me back to where I feel X10 *should* be.
>
>I was thinking about car analogies and I would say that X10 is like a 30
>year old car that's got its issues, but happens to get 100 mpg.

Sounds more like a 1989 buick with $1000 wheels, fake fur seat covers  and
other addon doodads ;-)

Four _more_ ? Have you ever calculated what all the X-10 expenditures have
cost you over the years. And how much you would have earned had you spent the
time tinkering with it on, say, a paper route or mowing lawns instead? Or
better yet, pulling wire?

Betcha coulda hadda hard-wired system ... ;-)

(All in fun -- like playing with HA OK?) ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.EControl.org