Re: XTB-II Options

news:45798881.432937140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >I wanted to update my response to this old thread.  I just completed a
> >significant enhancement to the XTB-II firmware.  It now includes user
> >programmable mode options so it can be tailored for best performance in
each
> >installation.  One of the options now available is a limited repeater
> >capability:
> >
> >http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10xmtbuf/xtb-ii_modeoptions.doc
> >

> I'm not sure you have really addressed Dennis' question. I think he wants
an
> amplifier that boosts any X-10 signal in real-time. According to SmartHome
> one of their signal boosters does this.

I am familiar with their unit.  As you know, the TW523 returns data to the
host controller during the last 11 cycles of each X10 command.  When
enabled, that is when the XTB-II transmits repeated data to the powerline.
So the boosted signal is transmitted bit-synchronous with the second copy of
each normal X10 command.  I believe that is how most repeaters work.

Because the 120KHz bursts are not phase-locked, this approach can result in
destructive cancellation of that second copy on the original transmitter's
circuit.  However, any receivers on that circuit should respond to the
unaltered first copy from that transmitter.  Since the XTB-II would normally
be driving at the electrical distribution panel, its output would override
the original transmitter's signal on all other circuits.

Jeff