Re: 2 wire vs 4 wire Smoke allarms

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:17:47 GMT, Frank Olson
<Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>
>>>We're not talking about a "fire alarm".  We're talking about a home
>>>security system.  I posted the link to the BRK relay (which *can* be
>>>used to interconnect your 110VAC smoke alarms to your home alarm system)
>>>in another response in this thread.  Are you saying their "listing" is
>>>any different from Firex, or ESL, or Nortron?
>>

>> Sorry Frank, I'll have to agree with Fat-Ass on this one.  Perhaps
>> this argument can be settled by Mike Baker.
>

>And you're just as wrong.

Anytime you connect a fire device to a burglar alarm it becomes a
"fire alarm" and all applicable codes must be followed.   Including
but not limited to appropriate fire cabling to the keypads and sirens,
proper detector coverage and spacing, and....  yes..  devices that are
listed for FACP initiation.   In this case the BRK smokes are not
listed for that purpose.

-G