Re: 2 wire vs 4 wire Smoke allarms

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1r5Dg.366828$iF6.98903@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Kurt Delaney wrote:
>
>>>110V are different from 4 wire which are 12V or 24V.  you can hook up
>>>relay from 110V to OMNI but that is against code.  The relay is not
>>>listed for connection to alarm system. It appears condo has you in  a
>>>Catch 22
>
> What's the difference between the relay in a 110VAC smoke alarm and a
> 24VDC smoke alarm?  Nothing.  There is no "code violation" as long as you
> maintain a clear physical separation between the 110 and the low voltage
> connections to the panel.

here in the US we can only use parts in a fire alarm that are "LISTED" for
the application.  If you check the relay for a 110V smokes you will see that
it is not LISTED for interconnection to a fire alarm panel.  Maybe I used
the wrong terminology when I said against code.  When the inspector flags it
I just assume it a code problem.  What is the correct term?