news:ZWLCg.15272$dQ4.12238@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Coppernob" <alexnorton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:54:04 -0400, Stu Alden <foo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>4-wire will work with any conventional zone circuit, need separate power
>>>circuit, no list of approved models to worry about.
>>
>> For remodel codoe requires me to use 110V models, so i think i have to
>> go 4wire, but then do i need to purchase a relay to connect to the
>> Omni?
>
> 110V are different from 4 wire which are 12V or 24V.  you can hook up
> relay from 110V to OMNI but that is against code.  The relay is not listed
> for connection to alarm system. It appears condo has you in  a Catch 22

There have been EXTENSIVE discussions on this exact topic over on the boards
at www.worthingtonsolutions.com -- you might want to check them out.

The conclusion on those discussions was that the best and safest solution is
to put in two sets of detectors -- interconnected 110V to satisfy building
codes, and LV detectors to connect to your Omni so it is approved as a fire
detection alarm system.  More progressive localities will allow properly
installed LV smoke detectors for code, but a lot of localities (and
inspectors) will not sign off on them (as you have found out).

Kurt