Re: 2 wire vs 4 wire Smoke allarms

 >I have inherited an Omni II which i will be installing into a new
> > construction home. The manual allows me th option of the 2wire or 4
> > wire smoke alarms, but I cannot seem to get a difference between these
> > two types. Any significant advantages of one over the other?
>
> I go with 2 wire.  no need for eol relay, just resistor.

I don't know about the specifics of the Omni II, but general guidelines
for panels probably apply:

2-wire is simpler, easier, but the zone circuit has to be able to handle
2-wire and you need to select your smokes from a list of approved models
(approved by the panel maker to work with the panel).

4-wire will work with any conventional zone circuit, need separate power
circuit, no list of approved models to worry about.