Re: 2 wire vs 4 wire Smoke allarms

John J wrote:

> I believe that at least one vendor (BRK) sells AC smokes with a UL listed
> relay for interconnection to a security panel.

Here's the link:

http://www.brkelectronics.com/safety_products/relays.htm

"Model RM4
Designed to activate an auxiliary device like a bell, siren, strobe
light, exhaust fan, alarm panel, or door closer when alarm is sounded.
Now works with "Smart Interconnect" BRK CO alarms. The RM4 has form-C
contacts that, once connected to BRK 120volt AC alarms, automatically
activate whenever the alarm sounds and will automatically deactivate
when the alarm shuts off. Meets UL 317, UL2034 and UL539 for accessories."