Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

> What a load of cod's whollop.  Oh...  I forgot...  You're not a Dealer,
> are you??  Had to abandon your monitoring clients because the Florida
> Attorney General's office investigated your operation and made a few
> "suggestions", right??

You're lying... again.

>> Each central station makes its own decision
>> whether to offer services to DIYers.  Some do.
>> Some don't.
>
> Uh-huh...  Name one (that's UL or ULC listed).

Alarm Central has been monitoring DIY installations for years and you know
it.  NextAlarm offers UL listed monitoring direct to the public, especially
to DIYers.  There are others I've contacted from time to time but I don't
keep a list.

>>> (much the same as when you were flogging
>>> monitoring for Alarm Central, remember??)
>>
>> Flogging?  I offered their services for several years.  I don't make
>> enough profit on it for the time required to maintain the service so now
>> I just refer people to online vendors who offer services direct to
>> DIYers. However, Alarm Central is UL listed and they do monitor DIY
>> systems.
>
> Seems to me that a "profit margin" on an item that exceeds 1000% must have
> been pretty tough to let go.

That would be pretty good if it actually existed outside your mind.

> After all, AC did offer free monitoring to their
> Dealers that sold a particular package, didn't they??

I think they still do.  The first year was (is?) free to the dealer if the
dealer sells one of several packages from certain distributors.  I passed
most of that on to my clients by reducing the first year's monitoring fee
from $151 to $100 if they ordered the service with the system.

> As for their being UL Listed...  I'd suggest you do
> a little further investigation. Seems to me that a
> company interested in providing service to independent Dealers would
> ensure their UL Listing information
> appears somewhere on their website...

You might like to think so but their UL listing is available on UL's
website.  That is sufficient.

>>> --- snip unprovoked flames ---
>
> Let's not.

Naah.  Let's.  You only post in this newsgroup to pester me.  You've no
other interest here.  Everyone knows it.  You've been repeatedly asked by
numerous other folks to go away because you contribute virtually nothing but
flames.  I'll add my voice to the chorus.  Go away, Olson.