Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:FJWdnWKGWNYY2ELfRVn-1Q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> What a load of cod's whollop.  Oh...  I forgot...  You're not a Dealer,
>> are you??  Had to abandon your monitoring clients because the Florida
>> Attorney General's office investigated your operation and made a few
>> "suggestions", right??
>
> You're lying... again.

Oh??  I suppose the recent investigation you went through had absolutely
*nothing* to do with the fact that you've stopped actively selling and
collecting money for providing a monitoring service.

>>> Each central station makes its own decision
>>> whether to offer services to DIYers.  Some do.
>>> Some don't.
>>
>> Uh-huh...  Name one (that's UL or ULC listed).
>
> Alarm Central has been monitoring DIY installations for years and you know
> it.

Nope.  They don't deal with end users direct.  You must purchase their
service through a Dealer.

> NextAlarm offers UL listed monitoring direct to the public, especially to
> DIYers.

NextAlarm is a Dealer.  They outsource their monitoring to "several UL
Listed stations around the country."  Read their FAQ.  In fact they even
sell a security package that includes a wireless intrusion system.

> There are others I've contacted from time to time but I don't keep a list.

Uh-huh...  and you frequently "lose" business cards too...  You frequently
use innuendo, misleading statments and lies to bolster your rather fragile
ego and flame individuals that don't agree with (or object to) your
"agenda".  When you get caught you ignore comments from the individual that
catches you...  Where do I work again??  What's the name of my company??

>>> Flogging?  I offered their services for several years.  I don't make
>>> enough profit on it for the time required to maintain the service so now
>>> I just refer people to online vendors who offer services direct to
>>> DIYers. However, Alarm Central is UL listed and they do monitor DIY
>>> systems.
>>
>> Seems to me that a "profit margin" on an item that exceeds 1000% must
>> have been pretty tough to let go.
>
> That would be pretty good if it actually existed outside your mind.

Uh-huh....  When you obtain a service for FREE and charge the customer
$100.00, what's the markup??

>> After all, AC did offer free monitoring to their
>> Dealers that sold a particular package, didn't they??
>
> I think they still do.  The first year was (is?) free to the dealer if the
> dealer sells one of several packages from certain distributors.  I passed
> most of that on to my clients by reducing the first year's monitoring fee
> from $151 to $100 if they ordered the service with the system.

So what's the markup from "FREE" to $100.00??  And what's the "deal" with
the use of the word "dealer"??  I thought you just said they offered
monitoring to DIY's...  You keep "dancing" in one spot like you do and
you'll wear out the carpet.

>> As for their being UL Listed...  I'd suggest you do
>> a little further investigation. Seems to me that a
>> company interested in providing service to independent Dealers would
>> ensure their UL Listing information
>> appears somewhere on their website...
>
> You might like to think so but their UL listing is available on UL's
> website.  That is sufficient.

Heh...  If UL is like any other large organization, the "listing" there
doesn't mean much (their webmaster may have not gotten around to removing
them).  Why not ask them (AC) why they killed the page on their website that
*said* they were UL Listed for fire??

>> Let's not.
>
> Naah.  Let's.  You only post in this newsgroup to pester me.

Nope.  I only "pester" you when you lie.

> You've no other interest here.

Aux contraire.  I have several.

>  Everyone knows it.  You've been repeatedly asked by numerous other folks
> to go away because you contribute virtually nothing but flames.  I'll add
> my voice to the chorus.  Go away, Olson.

Dream on, Robert.